Welcome to the National Health Information Summit 2004 website.
This site contains information on the Summit.
Participants at the Summit heard from Australian and international health IM&ICT leaders. They explored key themes and priorities for IM&ICT in Australia’s health sector and explored health IM&ICT governance and resource frameworks for the future.
The Summit themes were:
• The evolution of health IM&ICT as an integral part of appropriate
health care delivery;
• Improving patient safety and the quality of health care through IM&ICT;
• Empowering consumers and transforming the patient-clinician relationship;
• Australia’s electronic health records network;
• Health IM&ICT for public health and population research; and
• Building the IM&ICT capacity of the health workforce.
The Summit aimed to provide participants with the opportunity to expand their knowledge, engage in thoughtful discussions and exchange ideas.
Proceedings from this Summit will be made available shortly.
Please note: The Summit program was correct at the time of printing. The Australian Government does not necessarily endorse the views expressed in presentations and in the papers.